Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Snow + Roads + Stupid People = Road Rage

Well, we've recently been dumped on here in Southeast Michigan. 10" in the last couple of days, with another 3" supposed to drop today. Looking out my office window at work, I'd say 3" is the least we'll get. It's been coming down steady for the last couple of hours.

My daily commute is 48 miles each way. 90% Freeway, 10% back roads. My 10% back road stretch this morning took me 25 minutes! This is something I'll never understand. I live in Michigan, I realize it's going to snow. I prepare for that mentally and physically. I understand there are extra precautions I must take, and adjust my schedule to accommodate the possibilities on the roads. However, what I don't understand is, why the other drivers in this state act like Anthrax is falling from the sky and their death is looming around each curve.

Seriously. YOU LIVE IN MICHIGAN!!!! Why does snow surprise anyone? How does snow surprise ANYONE in Michigan? This isn't Florida, people. HELLO???? Does this compute? The roads are plowed, they aren't icy or slippery, yet people drive like they've never seen this magical white powder falling from the sky. It's not mana from heaven, you morons. IT'S SNOW!!!!

You'd think I was actually in Florida, in some sort of senile living facility the way these people forget from one year to the next what it's like to live here. It's not that hard to drive in snow, I actually prefer it to the rain. What we need is a mandatory moron lane on the highways which allow anyone driving under the speed limit to mosey along at their personal leisure. This would allow those of us who aren't idiots to drive in the remainder of the lanes and arrive at work on time.

Yes, I complained publicly on a blog. I'm too transparent. Yes it's fleshly and very non Christlike to call people morons. Doesn't take away from it being truthful...

I need to make a bumper sticker for my car.... "Jesus loves you, I think you're an idiot."

No comments: