Wednesday, October 22, 2008

The "Change" we need...

Apparently I don't have the proper trademarks in place...

Frankly, I'm sick of everyone talking about "Change" when the reality is, neither prominent party candidate will change much of anything in the immediate future.

Why do we need a President to change things? I realize our poor and middle-class are suffering. What can we as God-fearing men and women do to alleviate that? What are we called to do by God's word?

One of the most common theme's throughout scripture, is Christ compelling us (the church) to take care of those in need. It's part of who we're to be, in Christ. Does that mean government shouldn't be taking care of it's poor and suffering? Not at all. In fact, I believe if we want to call ourselves a Christian nation, we (the people) must mandate that our government does so. Not just in 3rd world countries, or places we've destroyed due to war. But in our own backyards, and street corners, and alleys.

We have a voice. It will not be a collective one, as many Christians are divided over to whom they should caste their vote. I implore you, vote your heart. Pray about it, and do what seems right according to your walk. Yes, I know who I'm voting for, and I know why. I also know how the issues align with the Word of God, and why I feel so compelled to vote the way I will on November 4th.

Let's not end our campaign for "change" at the voting booth. I don't have money to spare, and I'm sure you don't either. Times are tough for everyone right now. But this is where the proverbial rubber meets the road. Are we Christians or not? Would Christ reach out and help those in need, in whatever method he could? Should we not do the same?

Yes, it's time for change. A change of heart...

No comments: