Tuesday, November 25, 2008

That Guy... Don't be him.


Everyone knows "That Guy" don't they? Everyone seriously dislikes "That Guy" but almost no one tells "That Guy" that he's actually "That Guy". Quite the canundrum. How is "That Guy" supposed to know he's "That Guy" if no one ever says. "Hey, you know you're "That Guy" don't you?"

At this point in the blog you're probably obsessing over the supersaturation of
"That Guy" being used in my blogging on "That Guy", right? One more for good measure? "That Guy"...

Good times... but seriously. I have an acquaintance in my life who is the epitome of
"That Guy". He's called my cell approximately 10 times in the last week, left several messages, and not once has he left a descriptive message as to why I should call him back. Just, "Hey Change, what's up? This is "That Guy"... so give me a call as soon as you can!" I laugh... then I don't call him back.

It's not that I wouldn't call him back if he had a valid reason, which he may have, but he's yet to relay that information to me. See, this guy is
"That Guy" who only ever calls when he wants something from you, and has nothing to offer you in return. I've helped him on several occasions, done things for him that I generally charge other people money for doing, and have given him the benefit of the doubt on several occasions since. I'm simply tired and done dealing with him at this point.

See, I don't mind helping people. In fact, I enjoy it quite a bit. What I don't like at all, is being used. That is what
"That Guy" does, he uses people for his own gain, and has nothing to offer in return. I suppose I'll receive a message today or tomorrow with him expressing his frustration about me not calling him back yet (it's happened before) and I'll chuckle at his angst considering he still won't have given me details on why he's trying to get in touch with me.

So, learn a life lesson here. Don't be
"That Guy". Capiche?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

LOL. I wonder if I know who it is.

Change said...

Yes, you know who it is. You've likely dealt with him before as well.